fbml"expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' xmlns:b='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/b' xmlns:data='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/data' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> rust: CABLE SPOOL CLOCK

June 27, 2012

CABLE SPOOL CLOCK

I've been wanting to try this project forever......
and finally did!
This is the top of a rescued cable spool.
I white washed and waxed it, added some house numbers and a clock kit to turn it in to
a working clock.
Happy day!
xojanis

“What you are is God's gift to you, what you become is your gift to God.”
Hans Urs von Balthasar

10 comments:

Kate said...

Janis
This is truly a beautiful piece that you created. I love to see what beauty you unfold with your creative touch. Have a wonderful week!

hugs
Kate

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST:) Your blog is so wonderful and I want to follow, do you have twitter or facebook??

If you want some Swedish décor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
Have a great weekend.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Faded Charm said...

Love this idea! I have an old latge round piece of wood that I painted white and want to stencil numbers on and addthe clock kit. Can I ask where you got it...craft store or hardware store???

Thanks,
Kathleen

Maureen said...

How fabulous!

raggygirlvintage said...

It is an awesome piece Janis, who needs PB when we have you:-)
Post on my/your door is up...
Tracey

Kathy said...

Janis - What a fabulous clock you created - love the aged/waxed look!!

Have a happy day my friend!

Kathy

Cassie said...

Great idea! Love how it turned out! I just happen to have a cable spool top lying around! Hmmmm....

Lady Pamela said...

I don't think I have seen anything like your clock before. You did a fabulous job. I have an outdoor clock that needs the clock works replaced, where did you find the large ones?

Vintage Home said...

A W E S O M E ! YOU are so smart I love it!

Gretchen said...

What a great project Janis. I have a small cable spool on my front porch that I use as a bit of a coffee table, but I can envision something changing all of that maybe some day...
Beautiful as always!
Gretchen of Mimi-T's...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails