fbml"expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' xmlns:b='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/b' xmlns:data='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/data' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> rust: VINTAGE OPTICAL LENS NECKLACE

May 2, 2011

VINTAGE OPTICAL LENS NECKLACE

My friend Carrie, from The Passionate Home in Langley, loves old stuff as much as I do.
  She gave me a bag of vintage treasures to dig through in order to create a necklace for her....here is the first of two that I have made for her (please no peeking Carrie!!).
 The old optical lens looks wonderful paired with this rather gothic looking silver piece.

I am so excited to tell you that Carrie is in the process of moving her store to a BIGGER location!!!  
Be sure to visit The Passionate Home in downtown Langley (reopening this Wednesday!)...you will find wonderful goods for your home, both new and vintage.

xojanis

Think left and think right and think low and think high.  Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!  ~Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!

14 comments:

Rhonda said...

Not fair! I have a bag full of vintage treasures too and so far not one pretty necklace has been produced!
I love them!
Rhonda

Kate said...

Janis your work is always so amazing. Thank you for sharing and inspiring the talents in all of us. Have a wonderful week

xo
Kate

Rosie said...

You my dear, you are a WONDER! So incredibly beautiful. Carrie is one lucky girl. I may not be able to make it on Wednesday, but I will be sure to visit her "gathered goodness", for I KNOW it will be perfect!
Sending you spring HUGS...xoxo Rosie

Sherri said...

Oh my! What a cleaver view through the eye of an optical lens.
http://twotulipstalking.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your names in the hat for the giveaway!! Thanks for making blog land such a wonderful place by honoring it with your presence!

bee blessed
mary

Jane said...

Hi Janis,
I love the necklace you created! I have an optical lens and I haven't done anything with it...loving this idea!
Jane

Passionate Thrifter said...

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! I want that bag full of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Perfect.........have fun!

the old white house said...

Gorgeous as usual Janis! You have the magic touch. xoxoxox

Astridbears said...

what an adorable necklace, perfect!! Love your blog!
I´m a follower now
have a wonderful day
Astrid

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

What a lovely and clever way to use an old optical lens. I love it.

hugs
Sissie

Cindy said...

That looks so fun! I love it.
I am so excited to know that Carrie's shop is doing so well. I met her back before she moved into the McBurney Square, she always carries such terrific items.
Hugs, Cindy

Linda said...

Beautiful vintage jewellry. Love to be there.

The Passionate Home said...

Janis, I didn't peek! These are lovely photos but not as lovely as my necklace. I just LOVE THEM BOTH and I feel so special when I wear them! Thank you so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails