fbml"expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' xmlns:b='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/b' xmlns:data='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/data' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> rust: IT'S THRIFTDAY!!!

September 10, 2009

IT'S THRIFTDAY!!!

Candy over at http://www.junksophisticate.blogspot.com/ had a great idea to feature our thrift finds and what we have done with them on one day of the week.   I have known Candy for almost a year now through the junkmarket style site and she is one very talented and inspiring lady. 
Today I am sharing a find from my trip to a hospital thrift store last Thursday.
I quickly snatched up this galvanized metal thingy when I saw it.  At first I thought it was something from a garden store, but it turns out it was merely a container that held some bath gifts (sticker still at the bottom).  Well, as we junkers already know, it doesn't matter much what it used to be I love it just the way it is.  For now it takes center spot on a shelf in the living room surrounded by some of my french lovelys.




I added this little address using rub on vinyls that I cut with my much loved xyron cutter.  I picked up a bag of this wonderful moss at Pottery Barn.  The necklace is a piece of my own jewelry that I thought looked charming hanging off the top.





Have I EVER mentioned just how much I love THRIFT SHOPPING!!!??!!
Happy thrifting my blogging friends!!!!  Head on over to Candy's blog to see lots more thrift treasures.
xojanis

5 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Janis, yes, I do believe you have mentioned you love thrift store shopping... ME TOO! I always look forward to seeing what you create with your finds... Bisous... Julie Marie

Miss Gracie's House said...

HI Janis,
You're right,,,it does not matter what it was but what it *will* be!! I love it and how cool that you can cut your *own* letters! I loved all of your WW too...very chic and pretty kitchen!
Have a great day!
Rene'

Kathy said...

Janis - what a great find! I love how you've displayed it, and that moss is so cool!

I posted my ThriftDay "find" too...you'll have to pop over and see!

Take care my friend, Kathy

Unknown said...

I am there with you.I love thrifting too!! Your find is so very cool.I bet you were very excited when you see it.I liked what you to to embellish it up.Sooo cute!! I am going to leave here in a few min to go to one.You have a bright day and as always more Fun Finds 2 U ... Chickie

RustyDiva said...

Love this Janis. Your home and garden evoke the feel of a great spa!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails