fbml"expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' xmlns:b='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/b' xmlns:data='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/data' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> rust: MASON JAR PROJECT

February 20, 2013

MASON JAR PROJECT

After seeing mason jar light projects on Pinterest I just
HAD to try it out for myself....
Turned out it was pretty easy to do.
The trip to IKEA to buy the electrical cord kit was the most difficult part of the project (and only
difficult because I had to refrain from buying everything else I wanted from there!)
My dad picked up this amazing old blue CROWN jar for me.  It came with the
zinc lid and I bought a new top insert from the canning aisle at the grocery store.
 
All I did was cut a hole in the top insert (easily done with tin snips---yes, I just used
plain old craft scissors--NOT so easy!!).  Then I inserted the
lighting kit as per IKEA's instructions.
I was soooo excited to take pictures of this project that I didn't even wait for
the jar to dry after washing it!  Hence the blobs of water in the pictures!
I've done a bunch up and they are for sale at The PassionateHome  in Langley.
 
SOLD
 
Happy day!
xojanis
 
 
“When you see someone putting on his Big Boots,
 you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
                                                       A.A. Milne,Winnie-the-Pooh
 


10 comments:

La La's Land said...

Turned out really great! That would be a great light for a pantry.

Jan Hermann said...

Cute idea! Turned out well!

NanaDiana said...

omgosh, Jais- That is the cutest light thing I have seen!!!!! xo Diana

Lady Pamela said...

So now you can add 'electrician' to your list of occupations. lol
Can we please see a photo of the lace picture frame that I see in the background. That looks like a great project, too.
*Hugs*
PS. I am really lovin' on these posts you are doing lately. Just perfect for ideas and eye candy.

Dorthe said...

WhAt a very lovely idea, looks so sweet and the colour on that jar is wonderful.
xo,Dorthe

Cindy said...

That is just lovely, and I'm so glad to hear that you still sell your lovely wares at The Passionate Home. That's my favourite store in Langley.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Cindy

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

So cool! I've pinned and re-pinned those ball jar lights...so glad you actually went for it :)

Unknown said...

Your blog is fabulous.

Whiz
www.imarksweb.org

Unknown said...

I love blogging and net surfing. Thanks for your blogs. I have now another idea what to do on my own blogs. Keep it up. I'll come back later to read more post from you. Thank you.

www.gofastek.com

nikkolayebba said...

I discovered your weblog web site on google and check a couple of of your early posts. Continue to maintain up the excellent operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. In search of forward to reading extra from you afterward!… slots for real money

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails