fbml"expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' xmlns:b='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/b' xmlns:data='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/data' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> rust: CHRISTMAS WISH'IN

December 4, 2009

CHRISTMAS WISH'IN

 I have been such a terrible blogger as of late.......it is such a busy time of year, and I have only been able to manage quick peeks at my favorite blogs.  I love all the Christmas inspiration out there in blog land, and have been busy with some Christmas projects of my own (in between all the mom and work stuff).


One of my favorite things to do as the holidays approach is to glitter absolutely anything and everything that I can get my hands on!!!!!!!  This candle holder was $3.00 at the thrift store and the mirrored tray was just a little bit more.  I painted them with decoupage medium and then sprinkled on the glitter.....

I added little knob feet to this tray.



So you see.....my house (and me) are absolutely covered in glitter!!!
Happy day!
xojanis

14 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Janis, oooh those are so very beautiful... one day I spilled glitter all over my craft room, and it looked so pretty,I left it on the floor! Bisous... Julie Marie

Nancy said...

Janis, I just Love it! I did the same thing with some old heavy wooden candlesticks. Glitter Wonderland!
Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

Sandi said...

Gorgeous Janis!! I wouldn't have thought of that. Now I will look at things at the thrift store in a whole new light...like what can I glitter!!
Hugs~

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I had no idea that glitter could make dollar store items look like a million!
Your decorations look beautiful.

June said...

Janis these are beautiful! I have never thought of doing this. What an awesome thing to try.
Hugs,
June

maría cecilia said...

Hi Janis, glittering everything at home?? why not?? I like it very much!!!!
Muchos cariños
Maria Cecilia

Ana said...

Hi Janis,
I LOVE GLITTER! It just adds so much sparkle to everything. Your pieces turned out beautiful. Love the idea. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
♥Ana

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Glitter fest!!! Love it!!!

Anne Lorys said...

I'm really getting into glitter, too. It looks gorgeous, and I love the sweet little glass knobs used as feet.
Have a great Sunday,
Anne

alice hanson said...

Oh Janis,
I love love love these. I too am in the glitter mode! I will try to post some of mine. My computer is acting up sooooooo.... Have a wonderful holiday season.
smiles, alice

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Janis, love your glitter things. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment.

Rustydiva said...

That's why I love the holidays ~ because it's all a glitter! Gorgeous job Janis. We all need a little sparkle for the holidays and I'll bet it looks enchanting on you! :)

Kenda

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Ooooh! Lovin your glitz!

Susanne said...

OMG I'm just seeing this now and I'm in LOVE with this. Watch out glitter, here I come!
Susanne.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails